Volunteers are synergetic partners who would offer their love, specialty and professional skills to create a truly enriching and meaningful life for Persons with Dementia (PWD). Apex Harmony Lodge (AHL) recognises the importance to grow a sustainable pool of Informed Volunteers to provide a safe, respectful and empowering home environment for PWDs living at every stage of their lives.
We are keen to know your calling for the big dream to provide every possible ways to empower, to add quality and colours to the lives of PWD.
Why volunteer with AHL?
- Be our Residents' friends, companion and family - just to be by their side and be a good listener for their life stories and seek to understand them.
- Bring cheer and joy to our Residents by entertaining and participating in singing sessions, art making, baking, regular exercises and many other programmes in AHL.
- Join in organising birthday and festive season celebrations and programmes for our Residents.
- Provide Quality of Life (QOL) by supporting meaningful programmes and outings.
- Skilled Volunteering in daily operations, house-keeping, gardening, facility maintenance or any other activities that will benefit our Residents.
- We believe in the importance and value of building sincere relationships with our Residents hence we invite Volunteers who are able to commit regularly and on a long term basis of a minimun 3 months.
- Flexible volunteering hours as we understand that Volunteers will have other priorities.
- Inspiring and safe environment with friendly staff to provide assistance and guidance for volunteers' personal growth so as to provide the best QOL for our Residents.